Seagull Trust Cruises, 17th March 2020
Coronavirus Guidance 3
The UK Government and Chief Medical Officers have maintained the risk to the UK from Coronavirus Covid-19 as HIGH.
The Prime Minister issued a statement late on Monday 16th March 2020 on coronavirus and the decisions that have been taken in COBR for the whole of the UK.
Main points directly influencing STC are summarised below: -
• objective is to delay and flatten the peak of the epidemic by bringing forward the right measures at the right time based scrupulously on the best scientific advice.
• SAGE [the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies] informs we now approaching the fast growth part of the upward curve. Without drastic action, cases could double every 5 or 6 days.
• anyone in your household has one of those two symptoms, then you should stay at home for fourteen days.
• now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel.
• We need people to start working from home where they possibly can, and you should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues.
• avoiding all unnecessary social contact.
In light of the above, the Chairman has this morning Tuesday 17th March 2020 suspended ALL branch Seagull Trust Cruises activities, (including SEL activities) until further notice.
The Department of Health and Social Care will continue publishing updated data every day at 2pm until further notice.
The NHS Inform link also has the latest advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Further updates will be issued in due course, please stay safe.